Volunteer as a tutor for a day and support disadvantaged primary school pupils prepare for their exams.
Help them to tackle the topics they’re finding challenging at a crucial point ahead of their exams. Ensure they are able to start secondary school on a level footing with their peers.
Tutor English or maths, with training provided and no previous experience required.
How does it work?
- You will volunteer with a group of 8-10 other tutors (these could be your colleagues, family or friends) to provide small group tuition to 20 pupils, on a specific date close to their SATs exams.
- You will be working with the same pupils over the course of the day, building a good rapport and connection.
- All volunteers will use a bespoke set of sample exam papers to help pupils hone exam technique, as well as supporting resources that can be used as targeted practice for specific skills – no previous tutoring experience is required.
- A member of the Action Tutoring team will be present for the whole day to support you.
Tutoring is a great privilege for children like me to encounter and it helps, so thank you.Primary school pupil, London
What subjects can I support on?
- We will be running two days in nine of our primary schools this year. Half of the days will be dedicated to maths and the other half to English.
Why get involved?
- An extremely rewarding way to use your yearly volunteering allowance.
- A great way to help tackle education inequality in your community or the community of your workplace. We want to ensure all young people receive the support they need to succeed, regardless of their background or circumstances.
- An opportunity to use your skills and experience to make a difference.
- A chance to volunteer as a team or department. Revision days are a perfect group volunteering opportunity.
I think it’s a great initiative and I really do feel that it helped the pupils. It was also great to spend the day in a school instead of an office!Toby, revision day tutor, PwC
What dates are available?
Various dates available from mid-March to mid-May, including Saturdays and weekday options.
How do I get involved?
Interested in reserving a place for you or your team? Email email@example.com.
Please note that spaces are allocated on a first come first serve basis. We recommend that you register your interest as soon as possible, so that we can secure your spot.
After reserving your place, you will attend a short training session where we will process a DBS check on your behalf and provide any extra support you need prior supporting on the revision day.
Would you like to share with your team? Link to this web page or download our flyer.