What is home tutoring?
Online tutoring usually happens in school but with the national lockdown, we do not want any child to miss out while schools are closed. With your help, we can offer the same support to your child from home. Your child will receive one hour of tuition a week via our online tutoring platform, Vedamo.
Volunteers all have an enhanced DBS check and sessions will be monitored by Action Tutoring staff.
You can test if Vedamo works on your device at home by using this link.
What does the adult need to do?
We need your help to make the tutoring sessions work from home. Your help will make sure your child gets the best experience of tutoring.
You will need to…
- Help your child with any technical problems (using this guide to help you).
- Make sure your child has everything they need for tutoring.
- Be within listening distance so your child can ask for help if they need it.
- Keep in contact with Action Tutoring staff by email, phone or text.
What do we expect from your child?
Your child needs to…
- Be on time and stay for the whole session.
- Put their mobile phone away and on silent mode so they can concentrate.
- Focus on the tutoring session and not open any other web pages unless asked to.
- Tell the adult at home about any problems they have with tutoring.
- Try their best and tell their tutor if they don’t understand something.
For more information, including instructions for joining your tutoring session, please read our home tutoring guide for parents or watch the video below.