Action Tutoring is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Action Tutoring may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st September 2017.
What we collect
We collect the following information only when individuals apply to become a volunteer tutor:
- name and occupation
- contact information including mobile number, email address and postal address
- demographic information such as gender, date of birth, postcode, academic qualifications, interests and preferences and convictions.
- other information relevant to volunteer applications.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to assess your suitability as a volunteer, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To assess your suitability as a volunteer tutor for the young people we support.
- To provide up-to-date contact information, so that we can communicate location-specific volunteer opportunities.
- Ensure we are engaging and recruiting a diverse range of volunteers to support our charity.
- We may use the information to improve marketing methods.
- We may periodically send emails about events or other education or volunteering specific information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Action Tutoring has a policy on data and abides by the Data Protection Act 1998 in order to ensure that data is:
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Personal data shall be obtained only for specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with those purposes.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up-to-date.
- Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive when you access a website. Once you agree, the file is added and helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for volunteering purposes but no longer wish to be communicated with, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the Office Manager, Action Tutoring, 15th floor Tower Building, 11 York Road, London SE1 7NX.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.