National Tutoring Programme

Action Tutoring is thrilled to be continuing as a National Tutoring Programme (NTP) Tuition Partner for the next three years (2021-24). Action Tutoring is proud to play its part in the catch up drive. The support from the National Tutoring Programme in 2020-21 enabled us to double our delivery, benefiting more pupils than ever before.

Partner as a school Become a Volunteer

What is the National Tutoring Programme?

The National Tutoring Programme is a government initiative, launched in November 2020, to support disadvantaged pupils recover from the educational disruption caused by Covid-19. Schools only have to contribute 30% of the cost of tutoring through Tuition Partners as part of the programme, with the remaining 70% of the costs of tutoring covered by the Government’s funding.

Action Tutoring was closely involved in campaigning for catch up provision, presenting to the Education Select Committee in 2020 and one of four charities involved in an online tutoring pilot, later in the same year, which informed these plans. Our charity has been refining our impactful tutoring model for disadvantaged pupils for a decade. We welcome this national recognition of its benefits and the opportunity for it to become widely available.

Through a collaboration of organisations across the country, our aim is to make this tuition available to tens of thousands of primary and secondary school pupils

Sir Peter Lampl, Chairman of the Education Endowment Foundation, in 2020

The National Tutoring Programme was designed and developed through collaboration with key charities in the education sector – the Education Endowment Foundation, Teach First, Sutton Trust, Impetus, and Nesta and we would like to thank these organisations for leading the NTP in its pilot year, in the face of many challenges.

There were plenty of positive learnings from the first year which will help develop an even stronger programme to reach many more young people in the years to come.

What does this mean for Action Tutoring?

This initiative and additional funding has allowed Action Tutoring to scale its work to reach thousands more pupils across the country. We believe it is our moral imperative to help as many disadvantaged pupils as possible who’ve been impacted by the pandemic, while ensuring the scale is achievable for a charity of our size and experience.

Thanks to the NTP’s support, which began in 2020, we have been able to reach many more disadvantaged pupils, those who have been significantly impacted by the pandemic.

© 2021 Action Tutoring. All rights reserved.